Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Seafood junkie!

   I love seafood. All kinds of fish, shrimp, muscles (love, love muscles), scallops, octopus.... not enough space to mention all the delicious creatures living in the sea that I love! If I have an option in a restaurant, I order seafood. I always have some in the freezer in case of emergency cravings and if we get Chinese take out... you guessed, it's usually shrimp for me! If you are not crazy about shrimp or fish come over to my house and I will make you change your mind. If you don't want to come over, I will show you how to make the best shrimp pasta ever. The rule of a thumb is to have butter, white wine, garlic, and herbs. Add a little bit of lemon juice and you have a simple and delicious dish. Here is the recipe that makes 4 portions:

*  1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined)
*  1 lb angel hair pasta
*  1 stick of butter (I know, just indulge this one time!)
*  4 cloves of garlic (mashed)
*  1 cup white wine
*  1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
*  1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
*  lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
*  lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
*  salt and pepper

1. Cook pasta to be a little bit al dente.
2. In a meantime in a large skillet melt butter, add mashed garlic, herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cook everything together for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, wine, salt, and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes until shrimp is cooked (pink and curly). Add cooked pasta, toss everything together and let it cook for 2-3 minutes so the pasta can soak some of the juices.




   Oh, I just noticed I grabbed a chipped wine glass... there goes my perfect picture! Well, but let's focus on the dish. So simple and so incredibly delicious. You can taste the butter, the garlic, and the wine, and then you bite into a juicy tender shrimp. The herbs give the dish an amazing aroma and make it so much better. I am telling you this is the best shrimp dish ever. Trust me, I'm a doctor!!!

Good luck.
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment