Friday, June 22, 2012

Accidentally in love.

   Let me explain the title of this post. "Accidentally" - this post wasn't planned and the dish wasn't supposed to be photographed or featured on the blog. "In love" - this totally improvised chicken dish turned out to be so delicious and amazing that I felt in love immediately and would never keep it away from you. I came home from work planning to make a salad for dinner, but the day was so long and crazy that last thing I wanted to do is to eat like a goat. I needed some warm, comforty, and meaty dish that would make the world a better place. So I fired up the stove and started tossing in all of my favorite ingredients hoping that the outcome would at least be edible, but what I got exceeded all of my expectations! All I remember is me tasting the dish every five seconds, yelling how effing good it was, and telling Justin to bring my camera because it had to be documented and talked about. So here I present you with coconut/peanut butter/cilantro chicken served with couscous. Here is the recipe:

*  1 chicken breast (cubed)
*  1 can coconut milk
*  1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
*  1 large onion
*  1 tbsp grated ginger
*  1 cup chopped cilantro
*  lime juice (from 2 limes)
*  1 tbsp olive oil
*  1 tsp sesame oil
*  salt

1. In a skillet, heat olive oil and sesame oil, add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add ginger and cubed chicken, season with salt and cook for 5-6 minutes until chicken is no longer pink, then add lime juice and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk and peanut butter until combined, add it to chicken together with cilantro and cook everything for about 10 more minutes.
4. Serve it over couscous and you will be in heaven.




   Such a delicious dish. Sesame oil and peanut butter are super naughty, coconut  milk is sweet and silky, and cilantro finishes everything with a punch of exotic flavor. Super recommended dish!

Good luck.
Magda.

3 comments:

  1. all my favorite ingredients in one dish... thank you!!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe! I love not having to use so many things i never have in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete